SQL Server Recovery Kit - Online help
SQL Server Recovery Kit (Download) was developed to repair data from corrupted databases in MS SQL Server format (*.mdf extension). Data recovery process consists of 7 easy steps, the program features a very easy interface, it is very difficult to make an error:
First of all, please specify the path to corrupted file with *.mdf extension. There are several ways to do it.
- Enter source file name manually, you should provide full path to this file
- Choose the source file from a pop-up list, it can be called with key. There, you can see all documents, that were scanned be SQL Server Recovery Kit
- Choose source file name with Windows Explorer, it can be also opened with key
When done, please click Next and move to the following step.
During this step, you will be prompted: Do you wish to start recovery? Please click Yes to start the process. When done, SQL Server Recovery Kit will start data recovery process, during this step, you can see an indicator, that shows the status of this process.
When housekeeping data will be extracted with SQL Server Recovery Kit, it will be displayed on the screen, users can see a window, that looks like Windows Explorer interface. In the left, you can see the list of data categories, in the right, users can preview the data itself.
- When users select User Tables information category, they can see, that the right part of the screen is separated in two. From above, there's a list of all user tables, from below, there's table content, that is active currently.
- When selecting System Tables information category, users can preview the list of system tables, it is located in the right.
- When choosing Views category, the right part of the screen is separated in two. From above, there's a list of all views, from below, there's source code of the view, that is active currently.
- When users choose Stored Procedures information category, the right part of the screen is separated in two. From above, there's a list of all stored procedures, if you're going to select any procedure, its source code will appear from below.
- When users select Function information category, the right part of the screen is separated in two. From above, there's a list of all stored functions, if you're going to select any function, its source code will appear from below.
- When users select User Defined Data Types information category, they can preview the list of user-defined data types in the right part of the screen.
You can preview system information, that was repaired from damaged databases in MS SQL Server format, you can make sure, that the process works and SQL Server Recovery Kit can successfully repair your data.
Please click Next, if you'd like to continue.
There are two ways to export the data, recovered from corrupted database in MS SQL Server format, supported by SQL Server Recovery Kit. Firstly, you can save it as a set of scripts, written in SQL language. If you prefer this option, please choose Save script to disk and specify the folder, where it will be saved, this can be made by Destination Directory area. Users can do it both manually and with Select Folder dialog, that can be opened, when clicking on the .
If you've decided to select this option, SQL Server Recovery Kit will create a folder, named according to its in-built template in Recovered source_file_name folder. This folder will contain scripts in the SQL language format, as well as install.bat file to install data on server. Here's its format: install.bat server_name database_name username. You can easily move these scripts to any PC and run from that place.
Secondly, users can export recovered data directly into a database. If you choose this option, please select Execute script on database option and specify connection string value in Connection String area. You can make it both manually and with Data Link Properties dialog, that can be opened with softkey.
Owing to the fact, that databases can contain many gigabytes of information, SQL Server Recovery Kit may split output scripts. If you'd like to specify the maximum file size, please insert needed number in Split into parts with size.
Please click Next to proceed.
Please take a look at this window, it reminds the window for data previewing, like in the third step. The difference is in checkboxes near all objects and categories. Owing to these checkboxes, users can specify the data, that will be retrieved and saved from corrupted databases in MS SQL Server format.
- If you'd like to check/uncheck the whole database, please select Database checkbox, it can be found in the left part.
- If you're going to select a category or undo your choice, please check/uncheck an appropriate checkbox, located near its name.
- If you'd like to choose any particular object or undo your selection, please specify category's name and check/uncheck appropriate checkbox with its name.
Please click on Next to continue.
When users move to this step, SQL Server Recovery Kit automatically starts the process of scanning and analyzing of corrupted database. You can track its progress, with an appropriate progress bar. Please note, that this process fully depends on the source file size and CPU performance.
When data exporting is finished, you can see final report about the results of data recovery process from corrupted databases in MS SQL Server format for current session.
- You can export recovered data only with registered copy of SQL Server Recovery Kit. Please go to our online store, if you'd like to purchase a registration key and register SQL Server Recovery Kit
- SQL Server Recovery Kit supports the following formats: Microsoft SQL Server 7/2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014/2016/2019.